International Complex Carbohydrates Consortium
(Established on June 24, 2009)
- To promote education and research in complex carbohydrates
- To liaise and collaborate in specialist research on-going within the members of the Consortium
- To develop and promote training opportunities for young scientists in Universities and related industries
- Collaborate with Elsevier Publishing Company to plan and organise specialist conferences, workshops and Master Classes in areas of the Consortium’s competence
- Initially identify “Dietary Fibre” research and development as an area for communication and cross-fertilization.
- Based on the proposed meetings and research, produce a series of Monographs on subjects specialist to the Consortium in association with Elsevier Publishing
Status of the Consortium
The Objectives which are identified here are the result of discussions between representatives of the Consortium and also between representatives of Elsevier and representatives of the Consortium. Currently the Consortium has no legal status and is based on consensus agreement between the members. It is our firm intention that no financial liability shall fall on our member institutions or the organisations that we represent and we undertake not to commit our institutions to such expenditure.
Nevertheless for contractual purposes the Consortium will need to have the ability to have a legal and preferentially a non-profit charitable status. This is being currently examined.
Whistler Centre for Carbohydrates, Purdue University, USAWhistler Centre for Carbohydrates
Carbohydrate Lab, Guelph Food Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Guelph, CanadaCarbohydrate Lab
Phillips Hydrocolloids Research Centre and the Centre for Water Soluble Polymers, Glyndwr University, Wales, UKCentre for Water Soluble Polymers
Professor Steve W. Cui