All participants are invited to the Conference banquet at the University of Guelph on Thursday evening, the cost of which is included in the Registration Fee.
Tour to Niagara Falls
Post-Conference Tour to Niagara Falls, Friday, May 20, 2016
- The conference lecture sessions will end at 12:00 noon on Friday. We have organized an afternoon/evening tour to the Niagara region departing Guelph at 12:30. The tour will include the following:
- Journey by Charter Bus to Niagara Falls
- Visit Table Rock Visitors Centre (right at the falls) - http://www.niagaraparks.com/niagara-falls-attractions/table-rock-complex.html
- Boat cruise on the Niagara River to right below the falls itself - the Hornblower Cruise (formerly Maid of the Mist) http://www.niagaracruises.com
- Drive along the Niagara Parkway, which follows the Niagara River south of the falls, with stops at the Floral Clock, Sir Adam Beck Power Station, and Thompson's Point/Whirlpool Overlook (depending on time) https://www.visitniagaracanada.com/index.php?/experiences/natural-wonders/the-niagara-parkway
- Winery Tour & Tasting at Niagara College Teaching Vineyard and Winery (includes tour of vineyard, wine-making facility and structured tasting of 3 VQA wines) http://www.niagaracollegewine.ca
- Dinner at Benchmark Restaurant at Niagara College (includes 3 course dinner plus wine pairings)
- Return to Guelph approximately 22:30-23:00
Cost of the tour will be US$150. Pre-registration by April 20 is required (or until tickets are sold out) and is available on the conference website along with conference registration.